Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pengalaman ibu2 yang menggunakan Cloth Diapers

REVIEW 1
 
I prefer the simplest (and most economical) set up. I used chinese diaper service quality prefolds (flat diapers that can be folded to suit any size baby), a snappi for fastening (stretchy hook type thing that needs no pins to fasten the diapr), both pull on covers and velcro wraps. I purchased about 3 doz diapers and around 2-3 covers in each size.

I love cloth diapering. I have found them to leak LESS than disposable diapers (provided you change them when wet, of course). They are enviromentally superior to disposables regardless of the amount of wash water used. There's good evidence to support the idea that they are healthier for a baby's skin (as well as helping in potty training later).

I have used disposables too. I tend to use them on long trips and have used them at night w/ my second child. He sleeps heavier and so doesn't wake for diaper changes at night...plus he's a very heavy wetter at night. For my first child, I cloth diapered at night too.

I have found a great deal of good help on the MOthering.com discussion boards. THey have a whole forum dedicated to cloth diapering. There is also a tremendous amount of information on the net about CD'ing.

Source(s):

Personal experience 4 years of cloth diapering and 2 kids (Kari)



REVIEW 2

I bought them, I sew but I'm not that talented! Plus there are so many cute ones available to buy! Some family members are shocked about the "new" cloth diapers, so they have bought me some. My mother in law thinks they are the coolest things ever, she had to use the cheapie flats and rubber pants back in the day.
I've answered this question a few times, so I hope you don't mind if I copy and paste from that, I've got some good links:

Cloth is definatley move environmentally friendly. People always say "well you run so much water and detergent". If that statement was true-we should all wear paper clothes. I only use a few tablespoons of detergent in each load and the water used equals the amount that I'd have to flush the toilet if my son was using it. I don't use bleach either! Here's some facts on the environment and health http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/dia…

I switched over a year ago. My mother was going to pay for diaper service (we're hippies lol) but it wasn't available where I lived. So I held my breath and used disposables. My son had bleeding nasty rashes-I changed him every hour and he'd still break out. that gel stuff can be toxic! Once I switched to cloth-no more rashes!
I mostly have fuzzi bunz (pocket diapers), but I also have fitteds, prefolds, and covers. I like fuzzi bunz because I can stuff a few inserts or prefolds in there for overnight, travel, or naps.
On wash day (I have enough to wash every other day), I run a cold cycle to lift stains, then a hot cycle with the few tablespoons of detergent . If it's nice outside, I line dry to conserve energy. Otherwise I just throw them in the dryer or if it's evening, I put the covers and fuzzi bunz on a line inside the house to dry-they don't take that long!

I even have travelled down the country with my son in cloth 3x this last year. I use "wet bags" to store the dirty ones in. At home I just use a regular dry pail which is a trash can with a good sealed lid.
I also love the fact that I will be able to use these diapers on future children, I never have to run out in the middle of the night to buy a pack of disposables, and I really feel like I am making a healthy choice for my son and the earth. If you have any questions, send me a message.

REVIEW 3
I am now on my third baby, other two are 3 and 5, I am not overly troubled with the care and maintenance of cloth diapers. You rinse them thoroughly before you wash them in the machine. How is this any different then when they are potty training and have accidents that you have to wash in the machine. The rubber pants I used with my first did indeed have a tendency to leak but they have improved enormously. You have to be a bit of a clock watcher and change baby every two hours(unless they are asleep) but this nearly eliminates any chance of diaper rash. I find they actually keep poop in better than disposables though of course they hold less pee. When you think of all the space in a land fill you'll save it is worth it.

REVIEW 4 

Main benefits are financial (one time expense rather than having to buy thousands of diapers ) and environmental (no diapers in land-fills). Some babies get fewer rashes with cloth too.

I don't know that I'd do it without your own washer/dryer. Getting them clean enough by handwashing ... hanging them to dry ... is probably more work than it's worth. But if you are determined, sure you can do it. (Of course women have used cloth for thousands of years ... disposible diapers AND automatic washing machines are both pretty recent inventions.)

Another option to look into is a diaper service. There aren't a lot of them around, but if you live in a large city, there is probably at least one. You won't save any money over the cost of disposibles, but the environmental savings are still there. (I used a service, and was very happy with it.)


REVIEW 5
Cloth diapers are much cheaper in the long run, better on you child's skin(don't have all those harmful chemicals in disposables up against your babies skin), better for the environment(don't have a ton of dirty disposables sitting in landfills seeping toxic waste into the ground and into our water), and they are much cuter, in my opinion.

It is a good idea to have about 2-3 dozen diapers, doing wash about every 2-3 days.

I hang dry my diapers, but I do use a dryer for winter and rainy/cold days. But I did make due for a while just hang drying them inside the house. They took a little longer, but the job got done. If you plan you washing out right, then the diapers will dry before you run out of diapers. Doing half a load each time, so you have some clean while the wash is going, is a good idea.

I love cloth diapering and would never do it any other way. It really is not as hard as people think, and it is not "nasty" as some people say. I really find it quite hassle free, and worth it completely!

REVIEW 6

The benefits of cloth diapers...
1)environmentally friendly
2)less chemicals on baby's bottom
3)much less risk of diaper rash
4)easier time to potty train
5)save $$$$ http://diaperpin.com/calculator/Calculat…

Sure you have to wash them, and scrape poop...I just rinse them in the toilet. I have 24 cloth diapers, and go through about 7 or 8 a day. So I don't have to do laundry everyday. I also have pocket cloth diapers, so I remove the soaker and therefore they take less time to dry. I line dry them, since the sun will bleach out any poop stains that are still there. I've gone from using 10 disposables a day, to 1 just at night. I still use disposable when I'm not at home, just because the convenience of not having to carry around wet diapers. Overall though, I'm glad I'm making the switch to cloth.

REVIEW 7

I used cloth diapers (or nappies as we call them in the UK) for both my children, and if I was to bring up another child I would use them again.
As the previous person said you only have to buy them once. But I think you will need a washing machine, as for a drier it depends on where in the world you live. If you can get them dry, as you will be washing them on a daily basis, then you need to consider if they will hang out to dry or if you need a machine.
I hang all my washing out to dry in the garden now and it is not a problem.
I think todays generation are a little bit lazy when it comes to certain household chores that most of us have done for years!
Good on you for even considering going against the flow!

REVIEW 8

Cloth is awesome! I would never go back to stinky, rashy, ugly, expensive and *inconvenient* disposables. That's right!

Most of us buy our diapers online or make them ourselves. There are more and more stores out there that carry cloth.

Cloth wipes are more convenient than you think. They work out really well. You wipe baby's butt, then you toss the whole mess into the diaper pail. If you use commercial wipes, then you have to separate the poopy wipes from the diaper. Plus, one of the benefits of cloth is keeping weird chemicals off your baby's butt. By using commercial wipes, you expose that smooth, delicate skin to irritating detergents and other nasty stuff. I just used pinking shears to cut up old receiving blankets into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News

Search Engine Submission - AddMe